Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Final Reflection


            As the final semester draws to a close so does the final semester of CAS. I can honestly say that I have grown a lot during the whole of the CAS experience. First of all, I committed myself to a sport (Archery) for two whole years. Before joining the CAS program I’ve never shown any perseverance in action so this was a huge improvement for me. Also CAS gave me the opportunity to be a leader. I became the leader of RCCI (Rehabilitation Center for the Communication impaired) In many was this was on the most challenging piece of work I’ve ever done. This was my first time being a leader of a service group and this group allowed me to plan and initiate activities while all the while juggling my schoolwork. It also allowed me to undertake a new challenge. I started RCCI in 9th grade so this is my fourth year in RCCI, Now that I've been appointed leader of this service group I need to show even more commitment by coming up with new ways to help these kids. I've already thought of some things we could do for their center itself. Such as raising money and buying new play equipment for their playground as it's been five years since they've bought a play equipment. The least we could do is paint and revenue their play area as this is an area they venture in regularly everyday.  Engaged with issues of global importance One of the best things about being in RCCI is knowing that I'm giving back to community and it's one that's looked over a lot. OSC was the first school that accepted the kids because all the other schools were afraid on how to interact with these children with disabilities. Developed new skills, taking over the leadership role in itself is a new skill. It's a good experience for me because I found that I quite enjoy being able to make negotiations and decisions with the supervisors. Also, this year for creativity I joined cross stitch and embroidery and set design on the first semester. On the first session we had to plan  Also this is a new challenge for me because I had no prior knowledge that this industry requires to work on tight shedules but planning around and managing my time is one of my strengthens.. Concerning the set itself I considered the ethical implications of this process. Every year there is going to be a new play and every year new supplies are bought for this particular play.I'm going to ask the supervisor to keep the set pieces of this play for next year so we can re use the set and make necessary changes. Joining these after school activities I learned to think about the ethical implication of doing these activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment